Thursday, April 6, 2017

Briefing

I briefly mentioned how my schedule when I was in Anaheim was tight, so I didn't have the time I predicted I'd have to film my opening. Because of this, rather than completely changing my idea, I've decided to keep the chase scene but change mise en scene elements in order to match the location in which I'd actually be filming. 

Extracted from "Round 2... It's a Mystery"
The basic idea that I came up with is a guy running from two chasers because of an unknown reason (as far as the audience knows). 
It would begin with the chase scene, immediately providing that sense of action and dragging in viewers. The protagonist of the film, wearing fancy attire and carrying a briefcase, would be running from two guys who are dressed in baggy clothing and primarily dark colors. This costume choice further divides the parties, making it clear that they are not all together, and that the so-called 'chasers' make up a team. 
Eventually, the nicely dressed guy will end up isolated in either a bedroom or office. He will place the briefcase on a table and open it up. When he opens the top of the briefcase, the blinding light will flood out, and this mysterious light will turn off as he closes the bag. Suddenly there is banging at the door (it's the chasers from before). At the loud knock, the protagonist will look up at the closed door both shocked and terrified. Black screen.


DESIGN

Because this no longer takes place in a convention center and it has been moved to a forest/ swamp area (Markham Park), I need to figure out new costume design and props. 
I feel as though the chasers can still wear dark, baggy clothes considering their behavior is sketchy and this outfit choice works for almost any location as long it matches the character's attitude. However, nobody would realistically be wearing a suit in the woods, so I've decided the protagonist should wear an outfit that consists of cargo pants, long socks, etc (similar to this). By wearing bland and natural colors like beige, olive green, blue, or dark grays, he will have a wilderness look to him which is what I'm going for. 

Additionally, he wouldn't be holding a briefcase but rather a backpack with survival tools inside. When he opens the backpack at the end of the opening, a blinding light could shine out, ending the video on a cliff hanger. 

Target Audience 

The target audience of this action/ mystery film is young male adults and teenagers. It's for this reason that the main characters are male teenagers so that viewers can relate to them. 

Font

Action and mystery movie titles are linear and the color matches the color scheme of the movie itself. For my own, I will also choose a linear font and go with a shade of green, brown, or gray to match the location of my film


  Action




Mystery












No comments:

Post a Comment